Find help to afford your electricity, gas, propane, and water bills
Utility Assistance and Energy Efficiency Programs for Families in Need
Are you struggling to pay your energy bills?
The cost of living continues to skyrocket, and families across Kern County have a hard time affording their home energy costs. Community Action Partnership of Kern (CAPK)’s Energy Program may be able to help your family afford your home energy bills.
Programs that help you afford your energy costs
Help paying your electricity, gas and/or propane bills.
Help to improve the energy efficiency of your home and reduce your monthly energy costs
How does CAPK’s Energy Program work?
See if You May Be Eligible for Assistance
Help with Utility Assistance and Energy Efficiency upgrades may be available if you meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age or older;
- A U.S. Citizen or Legal and Permanent Resident;
- A resident of Kern County;
- Provide current proof of income for all household members
- Submit a utility bill (electricity, gas, and/or propane) with 22 or more billing days
- Provide a valid ID and Social Security card
- Meet household income limits
Income Limits to Qualify for Energy Programs
How to Submit Your Application
Download an application online or call 2-1-1 to schedule a free consultation at the CAPK Energy Program office.
- Email your application and scanned copies of all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax your application and copies of all required documents to (661) 336-5263
- Mail or drop-off your application in-person to the CAPK Energy Program office: 300 19th Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301
Before Funds Run Out
Funds for CAPK’s Energy Program are limited each year. Apply today to find out if you qualify for Utility Assistance or Energy Efficiency Upgrades that don’t have to be paid back, so you can afford your home energy costs.